The pairing of apricot preserves with goat cheese is about as addictive as it gets. Leslie and I were served this as an appetizer when we first visited friends in Maine, and I was blown away by both the simplicity and the deliciousness! I’ve added minced ginger to give it some kick, but otherwise all the credit goes to Michelle Keyo. The mint leaves give the snack a refreshing, summery feel. You can omit either the mint or ginger (or both) and still have a great snack. During the brief time I worked as a cook, we served this on our menu of tea sandwiches and it was always a hit!
- 1 fresh baguette
- 8 oz. package/container of goat cheese
- 1 bunch/package of mint leaves
- 1 Jar apricot or peach preserves (or jam)
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and finely minced
- Cut a fresh baguette into slices of medium thickness
- Spread 1 tbsp. apricot or peach preserves onto each slice
- Top with approx. 1 tbsp. goat cheese
- Scatter on a few pieces of minced ginger and lightly press into the cheese
- Top each slice with one or two mint leaves and serve.